We'll share all our projects, recipes, decor & organization ideas, home improvement, and everything in between!

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Hobby: Sewing! Adding a little "flare"

Several months ago I stumbled upon a remarkable discovery: If I couldn't find a piece of clothing that was exactly what I was looking for, I could make it myself! (I'm talking within reason - I am NOT a master seamstress by any means!) I prefer to modify items to my liking, not create them from scratch...but I am learning!
Here are a few shirts that I've created lately. 1. Start with a shirt you like. 2. Then decided what "flare" you'd like to add...a trip to your local fabric store might provide some inspiration! 3. Pin it in place if you'd like, then turn on the sewing machine and you've got yourself a custom design all your own!!








1 comment:

  1. You DEFINITELY have to stay longer the next time you visit me! I have a lot to learn!!

    ReplyDelete